FLIGHTS ADMINISTRATOR– PART-TIME ROLE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated individual to provide flights support within our flights and operations team. With your primary focus being on organisational excellence, first-class customer service and efficiency, you will be dealing with group bookings to worldwide destinations using the Amadeus CRS system, assisting passengers with deviations and special requests, and ensuring that passengers get away safely and smoothly on their adventure. This is a busy, varied role that requires huge amounts of organisational skill, attention to detail, and a passion for what you do. You will work closely with and report into the Flights Manager.
o Building relationships with airlines in order to negotiate favourable rates and terms
o Responding to flight-related customer enquiries on the phone and by email
o Using Amadeus to check schedules, fares, create PNR’s and manage groups
o Processing airline contracts
o Working with the CC in-house database to upload flight data and manage customer flight bookings
o Managing extensions and upgrades
o Working together with the Operations team to ensure that passport details, special requests and names are sent to the airline in a timely and accurate fashion
o Ensuring that airline invoices are accurate and paid on time
o Ensuring that all tickets are issued with 100% accuracy, to specific deadlines
o Assisting with the investigation of customer complaints and improving quality and customer service within the flights department.
o Providing support to other departments with your knowledge of fare information, airline Ts&Cs and routings
o Monitoring airline prices and advising operations managers of increases or favourable fares
o Working closely with the sales team regarding any deposits or commitment needed from the client to secure seat reservations
o Arranging and dispatching tickets and t-shirts, to the airport team on time to ensure check in for the flight is smooth.
o Arranging for medals to be sent to country of challenge.
o Updating airport team about the challenge.
o Ensure there is enough stock for the treks and leasing with the bookings manager
o T-shirts will need to be arranged to dispatch for UK trips.
• At least one year’s previous flights reservations experience with a tour operator/consolidator, managing group and/or IT fares or equivalent
• Experience in ticketing desirable
• Experience with Amadeus
• Excellent administrative abilities and highly process driven
• Proven ability to be highly efficient and organised with an excellent level of attention to detail
• Demonstrable time management skills and ability to prioritise workloads, juggling many tasks at once
• Proven track record in maintaining outstanding levels of customer service
• The ability to work within a team and cooperate with others to achieve team objectives
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook skills
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
• We are a small, friendly business in North London, full of people with passion for what they are doing. It is a lively and busy environment. This is a chance to do something special, and work not only in the travel but also the charity sector.
• Salary is from £19-22k pro rata (3 days), depending on experience.
• Pro-rata 24 days holiday a year, and one extra day each year up to a maximum of 27 days after three years continuous service
• The part time role will be three days of a normal 37.5 hour working week = 22.5 hours. Ideally your hours of work will be 0930 – 1500 hrs daily including an hour lunch break, with flexibility considered for the right candidate.
Please send Covering Letter and CV to Bina email@example.com by application closing date of 28th February 2017.
Be a part of our unique organisation, helping to change people’s lives and raise vital funds for charity.