Charity Challenge are recruiting a Business Development Manager (BDM), responsible for driving new sales to meet some ambitious growth targets.
The BDM will work in a key senior sales position within Charity Challenge’s growing Sales & Marketing Team.
If you have a minimum of two years’ experience in business development (ideally in the adventure travel, event management or third sector), and are used to working to and exceeding sales targets, increasing revenue through the generation of leads, pitching of ideas, and conversion of enquiries to new business opportunities, then we’re excited to hear from you!
Competitive salary plus commission based targets.
Please see job description below, and to apply, please email your CV and a covering letter selling yourself to us, to email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Monday 1st May 2017.
Challenges UnLimited (trading as Charity Challenge) is a multi-award winning company and has been in business for 18 years. We work primarily in the charity and corporate sectors and provide quality national and international events which generate millions of pounds for charity. We currently have a team 15 people strong.
We operate treks, bike rides, mountain climbs, and other adventure travel itineraries, whereby participants raise money for their chosen charity through their participation. We operate about 130+ challenges a year and have raised over £50m for 1700+ UK, Irish and Canadian registered charities to date.
We are best known for organising the very successful BT Red Nose Day Climb for Gary Barlow, Cheryl Cole, Kimberley Walsh, Ronan Keating, Chris Moyles, Denise Van Outen, Alesha Dixon, Ben Shephard and Fearne Cotton which raised over £3.35million for Comic Relief, and the Zambezi Hell and High Water Challenge in 2013 with Mel C, Jack Dee and Dara O’Briain.
The company has gone from strength to strength developing an excellent reputation both within the corporate and charity sectors, donating hundreds of thousands of pounds to local community projects in the countries in which we operate, and building houses, schools and health centres in developing countries as part of our award winning community challenge programme.
For more information on the company, please visit www.charitychallenge.com
We have worked hard to develop our strong brand and reputation and we are now looking to strengthen our Business Development team. You will help to grow Charity Challenge’s market share and maximise business growth by prospecting, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing new business opportunities.
You will be responsible for driving sales to meet set targets by seeking new and sustainable business opportunities.
The Business Development Manager will work in a senior sales position within Charity Challenge’s Sales & Marketing Team. You will work closely with the Head of Sales & Marketing, Marketing Manager and Account Management team, and the Operations Team to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximise revenue for Charity Challenge. To achieve this you need to identify new customers in the charity & corporate sectors and other potential new markets, customise suitable product/s, present them and convert leads into new clients.
Strategic planning is a key part of this role, since it is the New Business Manager’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to Charity Challenge. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, and development of solutions and services Charity Challenge can provide for new clients and a thorough and up-to-date knowledge of our sector.
New Business Development
- Screening potential new business opportunities by analysing market strategies, considering client requirements and financials; evaluating suitable event options, identifying internal priorities and recommending mutually beneficial solutions
- Identifying and winning potential new business opportunities by contacting prospective corporate, charity and private group clients; discovering and exploring opportunities/solutions to meet customer needs
- Identify trendsetter ideas and event products by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments
- Plan approaches and pitch documents and presentations aligning with Charity Challenge’s brand.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasising agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately
- Enhance Charity Challenge’s reputation by taking ownership of generating your reputation as an industry expert, exploring new opportunities and markets, and adding value to all new client interactions
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market trends
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the market and sector activities which can assist with enhancing sales strategies and tools
- Present to and consult with management on trends with a view to developing new products and services
Management, Team Work and Research
- Track and record activity on accounts to meet agreed sales targets and objectives
- Submit weekly sales target reports
- Ensure all challenges are set up on the Charity Challenge website accurately
- Align your sales plans and activities with the Marketing Manager.
You have a minimum of two years’ experience in business development (ideally in the adventure travel, event management or third sector).
You have a proven track record in new business development, used to working to firm sales targets, increasing revenue through the generation of leads, pitching of ideas, and conversion to new business opportunities.
You will have a determination to persevere with multiple sales calls and contacts to create the required pipeline of opportunities to convert into new business.
As a minimum you will need to demonstrate that you possess the following skills:
Networking, persuasion, prospecting, public speaking, closing sales skills, strong motivation for sales, sales planning, identification of customer needs and recognising potential barriers, attention to detail with contract documentation, market knowledge and trends, meeting sales targets, professionalism and Microsoft Office skills.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- We are a small business with a friendly office, full of people with passion for what they are doing. It is a lively and busy environment. We can promise that you will be challenged in your role! This is a chance to do something special, and work not only in the travel sector but also do something to help worthwhile causes
- The potential to travel and experience a challenge
- Mon-Fri, 0900-1730hrs. Some weekend work will be required (participating on key events)
- 24 Days holiday per year (plus bank holidays), plus an extra day for each extra year that you work up to maximum of 27 days.
- Competitive basic salary with opportunity to earn well if you meet realistic but challenging targets
- Opportunity to join company health scheme