Account Manager Position
Passionate about adventure travel and making a difference to UK charities? Enthusiastic about exceeding client expectations and strengthening relationships? If this sounds like you, Charity Challenge is looking for an Account Manager to join their dynamic Sales and Marketing Team based in North London.
Charity Challenge has been in business for fifteen years and is currently 15 people strong. We work exclusively for the charity sector, raising millions of pounds for worthwhile causes. We operate treks, bike rides, mountain climbs, and other adventure travel itineraries, whereby our clients raise money for their chosen charity through their participation. We operate over 100 challenges a year and have raised over £40m for 1,670 UK, Irish and Canadian registered charities to date. We also operate out of Toronto, Canada for the Canadian charity sector.
Charity Challenge are proud to have won the Best Challenge Events Partner in the Institute of Fundraising ‘Partners in Fundraising Awards’, in both 2013 and 2014. We are best known for organising the very successful BT Red Nose Day Climb for Gary Barlow, Cheryl Cole, Kimberley Walsh, Ronan Keating, Chris Moyles, Denise Van Outen, Alesha Dixon, Ben Shephard and Fearne Cotton which raised over £3.35million for Comic Relief, and the Zambezi Hell and High Water Challenge in 2013 with Mel C, Jack Dee and Dara O’Briain. We continue to manage numerous celebrity challenges on an annual basis.
The company has gone from strength to strength developing an excellent reputation both within the corporate and charity sectors, donating hundreds of thousands of pounds to local community projects in the countries in which we operate, and building houses, schools and health centres in developing countries as part of our award winning community challenge programme. For more information on the company, please visit www.charitychallenge.com.
Charity Challenge have worked hard to develop our strong brand and reputation and we are now looking to strengthen our existing customer support program by employing someone who will take ownership of our customer account management. Essentially, you will be the key liaison and support for our client base.
Reporting directly in to our Strategy and Partnership Manager, you will work closely with our range of charity and corporate clients to help us deliver exceptional customer service. We have a very high level of repeat business and this is partly due to the delivery of a quality product, but also down to the customer service experience and we are working hard to raise the bar. You will be a key driver in our efforts to achieve this!
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Account Manager to work with our charity and corporate clients with the aim of strengthening relationships, providing key methodical support and maximise business opportunities.
• Responsible for effectively account managing existing client relationships including charities, corporate organisations and private groups
• You will demonstrate your success and abilities by generating repeat business and looking to develop other new opportunities with existing clients, through face to face meetings and pitch presentations
• Manage client accounts from initial enquiry and concept stage, to challenge completion to ensure key objectives are achieved whilst maintaining excellent client relations
• Supporting the clients with marketing and recruitment support and advice
• Uploading your client’s newly sold-in challenges to the website and ensuring the accuracy of client facing documentation and communications
• Post sale ongoing liaison with the charity to ensure continued client satisfaction
• As the account manager, the role involves extensive and effective communication with our Flights and Operations teams in setting and meeting client requirements
• To effectively manage expectations to ensure both parties objectives are consistently exceeded.
As a minimum you will need to demonstrate that you possess the following:
• At least 2 years proven account management experience, being responsible for your own portfolio of clients in a competitive, service-focussed industry
• A sound background in sales and/or business development
• You will have strong customer service experience, great attention to detail and drive to always exceed expectations
• Ability to listen to clients, identify their needs and make recommendations
• An articulate, diplomatic and persuasive communicator (both written and verbal)
• To build and develop long-term client relationships
• A sound understanding of the charity challenge, travel, event management industry is preferable
• Commercial awareness
• Innovative and creative problem solving ability with a track record in finding solutions for clients
• You must be process as well as target driven and show you are organised, able to work efficiently and effectively, managing and prioritising many tasks
• The ability to work independently and co-operatively as part of a team
• High level of competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
• Strong presentation skills
• Display a positive and enthusiastic work ethic and style.
What you can expect from us:
• We are a small business with a friendly office, full of people with passion for what they are doing. It is a lively and busy environment. We can promise that you will be challenged in your role! This is a chance to do something special, and work not only in the travel sector but also do something to help worthwhile causes
• The potential to travel and experience a challenge
• Salary is negotiable depending on experience
• Mon-Fri, 0900-1730hrs. Some weekend work will be required
• 24 Days holiday per year (plus bank holidays), plus your birthday as a bonus day off, plus an extra day for each extra year that you work up to maximum of 27 days.
You can be part of our unique organisation helping to change people’s lives and raise millions for charity!
Send your CV and covering letter detailing your experience and why you think you would be appropriate for this role, to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Charity Challenge, 22-23 Arcadia Avenue, London, N3 2JU.
Closing date is 2nd November 2014
Interviews will take place the week commencing 10th November 2014