Charity Challenge is recruiting a Marketing Manager to join the team in our London office. The role is a permanent full time position.
Who we are: Charity Challenge is a multi-award winning adventure travel operator and event management company best known for organising the celebrity based BT Red Nose Day Kilimanjaro climb.
We aim to deliver memorable, dynamic and safe challenge events in both popular and off the beaten track destinations, creating tailor-made events for charity and corporate clients whilst providing personalised, friendly and excellent customer service, advice and support. Our brand is based on values of professionalism, transparency, excellence, safety and passion in all that we do.
We are looking to recruit a passionate, creative and analytically minded Marketing Manager to join our highly driven, ambitious and dynamic team. For more details about the company please visit: www.charitychallenge.com
Who you are: You are digital marketing whizz with a flair for creativity and analytics. You should have a strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies and be able to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept and design through to execution and analytics.
You excel in researching target audiences and creating data driven marketing campaigns. In addition you are confident in website management, optimising SEO/SEM and usability. You have experience with managing brand reputation and engagement and have a creative flair with design and copy writing.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for the day to day marketing activities of the organisation and long term marketing strategy for Charity Challenge to meet the company’s objectives and targets.
• Help define the consumer marketing plan; establish the optimal marketing mix; website usability and optimisation; and report marketing results to senior management team
• Participate in the establishment, implementation and measurement of the effectiveness of initiatives to help drive bookings for international and national events, including paid advertising, in-bound marketing process, email and social media marketing
• Work both at the planning level by generating bold and innovative ideas for growth and at the tactical level by helping to manage advertising campaign execution, creating and optimising campaigns, analysing traffic data and solving problems
• Manage and create the full life-cycle of smart, compelling, targeted customer journeys related to marketing automation for both B2B and B2C campaigns. Work with the Sales Team to identify and generate leads for New Business Development
• Planning and designing web, SEO/SEM, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
• Maintaining our social media presence in association with our social media agency
• Measuring and reporting on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns and website analytics against previous performance, ROI and KPI’s
• Identify trends and insights and optimise spend and performance based on the insights
• Plan, design, execute and measure experiments and conversions tests
• Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimise user experience
• Utilise strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
• Help identify and evaluate partnership opportunities, which could include co-marketing with reputable industry experts and retailers and engagement with adventure travel and responsible tourism communities
• Grow and manage our video content with our partner, GoFilm and maximise digital marketing opportunities
• Build brand awareness, engagement and personality through social media channels together with reputation management
• Be responsible for our brand guidelines and management
• Evaluate emerging technologies.
The successful candidate will be creative, highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will have a proven track record for leading successful marketing programs across multiple touch points. A passion and understanding of developing website usability and brand engagement through social media channels, a love of adventure tourism, and a highly energetic flair of copywriting!
• 4+ years of relevant experience in marketing or marketing communications; of which at least 2 years in digital marketing
• Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising
• Proven track-record of delivering online (including mobile) traffic growth from multiple sources including multiple social media channels, mobile marketing, organic and paid search, email marketing, affiliate marketing, social networking, referrals and banner advertisements
• Highly creative experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
• Experience in optimising landing pages and user funnels
• Solid knowledge of website analytics tools ie. Google Analytics
• Experience in setting up and optimising Google Adwords campaigns
• Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making and comfort with financial and operational analysis. Comfortable rolling up sleeves to perform quantitative analysis.
• Proven ability synthesizing full funnel analytics, testing (such as A/B and multivariate) and customer insights into successful marketing strategies
• A strong understanding of website development, optimisation, usability and analytics
• Budget planning and management
• Facility with Excel required for reporting purposes
• Database management experience including audience profiling
• Use of CRM systems and email marketing software
• Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
• Passion for adventure travel, understanding of responsible tourism and the third sector
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing
• Self-motivated and highly results-driven in fast-paced environment
• Excellent attention to detail, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Strong sense of brand and editorial voice; the ability to harmonize message across multiple channels and marketing vehicles
• Use of design platforms such as InDesign and Photoshop.
What you can expect from us:
• We are a small business with a friendly office, full of people with passion for what they are doing. It is a lively and busy environment. We can promise that you will be challenged in your role! This is a chance to do something special, and work not only in the travel sector but also do something to help worthwhile causes
• The potential to travel and experience a challenge
• Monday to Friday, 09.00 – 17.30 hours
• 24 Days holiday per year (plus bank holidays).
Competitive salary dependent on experience.
Applications close Thursday 25th May. Please send your CV, along with a covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the role, to email@example.com