Our company (Challenges (Un) Limited, trading as Charity Challenge) has been in business for more than 14 years and is currently 14 people strong. We work exclusively for the charity sector, raising funds for worthwhile causes. We operate treks, bike rides, mountain climbs and other adventure travel itineraries, whereby our clients raise money for charity through their participation. We operate about 100+ challenges a year and have raised over £38m for 1500+ UK and Irish registered charities to date.
We have organised the very successful BT Red Nose Day Climb and BT Hell and High Water expeditions for a number of celebrities, including Gary Barlow, Cheryl Cole, Chris Moyles, Jack Dee, Dara O’Briain and Melanie Chisholm, which have together raised over £5.35million for Comic Relief.
The company has gone from strength to strength developing an excellent reputation both within the corporate and charity sectors, donating hundreds of thousands of pounds to local community projects in the countries in which we operate.
We are looking to recruit someone to assist with the bookings and finance departments. They will have proven first class organisational, attention to detail, numeracy, customer service and communication skills including excellent spelling, punctuation and grammar due to the high level of front line, customer-facing written communications which are fundamental to the role. The successful candidate will also need to prove they are first rate administrators possessing high levels of attention to detail to successfully manage and take responsibility for the smooth day to day operation of our busy bookings department. They will also be able to take initiative and be independent in the role within the context of a team environment. This is a varied role that encompasses all aspects of the booking process from point of sale through to departure and responding to any queries or complaints with regards to our booking process, insurance and cancellation terms. As the role will also involve working with the finance team and assisting them in their day-to-day duties, you will be familiar with financial procedures, and preferably have experience with Sage line 50, although this is not essential.
The role includes:
• Responding to and processing all post sale enquiries including cancellations, changes of expedition and late bookings.
• Speaking to participants, charities and answering a wide range of general enquiries on the phone.
• Responding to queries and complaints both on the phone and by email.
• Processing of online and paper booking forms onto a bespoke database.
• Sending authorization requests to charities and following up where necessary.
• Dealing with new charities and assisting them in registering with Charity Challenge.
• Actioning all participant and charity information updates and requests.
• Issuing insurance policies to participants and tour leaders, and logging details.
• Completing monthly insurance and IPP declarations, and filing the quarterly ATOL report.
• Dealing with all insurance queries from participants, tour leaders and charities.
• Updating website with any bookings and insurance related information.
• Assisting the financial controller with timely financial administration of the purchase ledger system using Sage line 50
• Reconciliations of bank accounts and credit cards in both sterling and foreign currencies.
• Assist in year-end accounts preparation.
• Assist with sales ledger and credit control.
• 2 years post sale customer service / administration experience, preferably (but not essentially) in a travel related role.
• Clearly demonstrable organizational and administrative skills and experience, including excellent written skills.
• You must be a multi-tasker and be adept at successfully prioritising a full and varied workload.
• Proficient with Word and Excel, and with very good general IT skills.
• Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are essential.
• High level of numeracy skills and data analysis experience
• A proactive, friendly, methodical, diligent and personable approach.
• We need someone who can show initiative to get the job done, working both independently and as part of the team.
• Demonstrated experience of financial control and financial management in a small/medium sized organisation
• Some experience with insurance.
• Experience and/or personal knowledge of adventure travel and/or the charity sector is
• Capacity to effectively coordinate and manage finance-related timelines
• Advanced knowledge of IT systems, specifically Sage Line 50 – desirable
• Experience of working with web based invoicing systems preferable.
What you can expect from us
• We are a small business, friendly office, full of people with passion for what they are doing. It is a lively and busy environment.
• This is a chance to do something special, and work not only in the travel but also charity sector.
• Salary is from £18 – 20K depending on experience.
• Mon-Friday 0900-1730hrs.
• 24 Days holiday a year plus your birthday as a bonus day off and bank holidays.
To apply for this role email your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 18th July 2013