Great Wall Discovery
- Witness Imperial China's frontline defence
- Trek on the Great Wall of China
- Steep staircases and crumbling watchtowers
- Organised tour of Beijing and its Forbidden City. Entrance fees included
- Optional Warriors and Pandas or Xian extension
The Great Wall of China was originally constructed to keep out nomadic tribes who raided China's Northern frontier.
Your trekking challenge starts in Badaling where you will walk with a vigorous trek along an unrenovated section of the wall that weaves its way along the mountains.
Each day you will trek along the stony, steep and sometimes slippery path, some sections are renovated and others not - twisting and winding its way along the mountains, interspersed with crumbling watchtowers.
It is demanding but also very rewarding, particularly on a clear day when you can look at the vast and beautiful mountain ranges. Your imagination will take you back several centuries to when the wall was the frontline defence of Imperial China.
On completion of your challenge you will return to Beijing to explore some of the many attractions of China's capital city including the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square. All site entrance fees and Beijing guide and transport included.
"The Great Wall Discovery was an amazing adventure, a real challenge of the mind, body and spirit. I feel so lucky to have participated in such an incredible experience. I'd do it all again in a heartbeat!"
- To watch a webinar and find out more about our Great Wall of China Trek, please click here
- Read James Marriott (our UK Challenge Leader) day-by-day challenge diary from Sept 2013 here
- To view the Great Wall Challenge album autumn photos click here and spring photos click here
- To View Denise Van Outen's experience with Charity Challenge on the Great Wall Click here
Departures for Great Wall Discovery
|Great Wall Discovery||9||12/09/2015||20/09/2015|
|Great Wall Discovery||9||19/09/2015||27/09/2015|
|Great Wall Discovery||9||10/10/2015||18/10/2015|
|Great Wall Discovery||9||17/10/2015||25/10/2015|
|Great Wall Discovery||9||02/04/2016||10/04/2016|
|Great Wall Discovery||9||23/04/2016||01/05/2016|
|Special offer! Great Wall Discovery||9||23/04/2016||01/05/2016|
|Great Wall Discovery||9||14/05/2016||22/05/2016|
|Great Wall Discovery||9||10/09/2016||18/09/2016|
|Great Wall Discovery||9||08/10/2016||16/10/2016|
|Great Wall Discovery||9||22/10/2016||30/10/2016|
|Involve Great Wall Discovery||9||22/10/2016||30/10/2016|