No departures found for 2018

Sat 28 Apr - Wed 02 May 2018

In aid of World Child Cancer

World Child Cancer

OVERVIEW

What to expect

ITINERARY

What you will do

COSTS

Ways to pay

ESSENTIAL INFO

All you need to know

How to fund your challenge

This page provides you details of the costs of your challenge.

SELF FUNDER

Pay a registration fee of £500 when you book

Then a balance of £429 (9 weeks before your challenge).

Raise £2,071 for World Child Cancer.

 

MINIMUM SPONSORSHIP

Registration fee of £500 when you book.

Raise a minimum of £2,500 for World Child Cancer.

 

Please note that you can pay your registration fee in instalments. Refer to 'The Details' below.

 

SELF FUNDER OPTION

The full cost of this challenge is £929. You will be required to pay the registration fee of £500 at the time of booking and the final balance of £429 which is due 9 weeks before departure (24/02/2018). You will receive fundraising advice and sponsorship forms and be asked to raise a minimum amount of sponsorship, £2,071 for World Child Cancer. As you have covered the full cost of the challenge, 100% of this fundraising will be retained by World Child Cancer.

 

MINIMUM SPONSORSHIP OPTION

You will be required to pay the registration fee of £500 at the time of booking and raise a minimum amount of sponsorship, £2,500 for World Child Cancer. You should send your sponsorship money to World Child Cancer as you raise it. At least 80% of the minimum sponsorship required (£2,000) must be sent to the charity 10 weeks before departure (by 17/02/2018), and the remaining 20% (£500) within 4 weeks of completing the challenge (by 30/05/2018). If you have raised the necessary funds, World Child Cancer will then pay the balance of your expedition costs (which will not exceed 49% of the minimum sponsorship target). The charity benefits by keeping the remaining sponsorship money and every pound over and above that you raise.

 

WHAT'S INCLUDED?

BEFORE YOU GO

Discount on personal equipment from Outdoorhire, Cotswold Outdoor and Cycle Surgery in the UK

Support materials (itinerary, kit list, fact file, Q&As, health notes, travel tips, responsible travel policy and guidance)

A-Z of fundraising ideas

Sponsorship forms (online and hard copy)

Fitness training notes

16 and 20 week trek/bike training schedule

Warm up exercise routines

Access to training weekends (optional and at additional expense)

Public liability insurance

Risk assessment and emergency management planning

Access to your own password protected account including support materials and training schedules

Fundraising advice

 

ON YOUR CHALLENGE

International flights to and from the UK (including all known UK air taxes at the time of costing)

A contribution towards funding the reduction of carbon emissions through Climate Care’s portfolio of award winning projects

A Charity Challenge T-Shirt

All challenge management before, during and post event

Activity equipment including bikes, tents and rafts as per the challenge activity

Full back-up support including first-aid qualified staff and first-aid supplies

All ground staff including English speaking guide, drivers, cooks, and porters

Entrance fees to national parks or other places of interest visited on the itinerary

Drinking water on challenge days

Three meals a day (unless otherwise stated in the itinerary)

Accommodation during the challenge (usually in twin share)

Internal road and air transfers as per the itinerary

A donation to a community project in one of the countries in which we operate

 

WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED?

BEFORE YOU GO

Travel to and from the UK airport of departure

Vaccinations (please check Trip Notes for requirements)

Travel Insurance (you can buy at time of booking or in your Account Area, or provide your own policy details)

Clothing and equipment listed on your Kit List

ON YOUR CHALLENGE

Tips

Departure Tax (if applicable)

Personal spending money

Any other specific items listed as not included in your Trip Notes

 

THE DETAILS

REGISTRATION FEE IN INSTALMENTS

The first instalment of £250.00 is due at the time of booking. The second instalment of £250.00 will automatically be debited from your credit/debit card 31 days after you book. We can only accept payment for your registration fee by instalments if you book and pay online. Please note that when paying your registration fee in instalments, a £10 admin fee will be added to your first registration fee payment. Please note that your booking will not be processed (and we will not send an authorisation request to your charity) until we receive the payment for your second instalment. Your place on the challenge will only be held until 31 days from your initial booking. If we are unable to take your second instalment, your booking will be cancelled and normal cancellation terms will apply.

 

FUNDRAISING DEADLINES

You will need to send your sponsorship money to the charity as you raise it. At least 80% of the minimum sponsorship required must be sent to the charity 10 weeks before departure (by 17/02/2018), and the remaining 20% within 4 weeks of completing the challenge (by 30/05/2018). If you have raised the necessary funds, the charity will then pay the balance of your challenge costs. The charity benefits by keeping the remaining sponsorship money and every pound over and above that you raise.

 

PRICES INCLUDE ALL KNOWN AIR TAXES

We include ALL known air taxes (including fuel) at the time of costing. Many companies do not include air taxes at all, and clients are therefore hit with a surcharge of three or four hundreds of pounds just before departure. If the air taxes increase between the time of costing and your departure, we will absorb up to £50 (depending on the challenge) before passing on any increased costs. Our aim is to provide you with transparent pricing and clear instructions as to what is included in our prices and if applicable what isn't.

 

TYPICAL GROUP SIZE

The typical group size is 16 - 30 participants

 

SMALL GROUP SUPPLEMENT

The costs and sponsorship levels on our website are based on a minimum of 16 participants. We can run this trip with 10-15 people, but there will be a small group supplement of £30.00. This is payable by your charity if you book under the Minimum Sponsorship or Flexi options, and by yourself if you choose the Self Funder option. We will notify you 12 weeks before departure if this is necessary.

 

OPTIONAL EXTRAS

Extensions at end of trip*

Single room supplements*

Travel insurance

Business class upgrades*

(*subject to availability)

 

TRAVEL INSURANCE

We can provide a comprehensive travel insurance policy for this challenge which provides cover for medical (emergency, evacuation and repatriation), cancellation and curtailment and specifically covers the activities undertaken during the challenge. You can take this out when booking. The cost is £37.00.

Back to top

BELIEVE >> ACHIEVE >> INSPIRE

ATOL protected

We hold an Air Travel Organiser's Licence granted by the Civil Aviation Authority. Our ATOL number is 6546. Many of the flight-inclusive challenges on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. This ATOL protection only covers challenges that include flights booked by Charity Challenge and that originate in the UK. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our booking conditions for information or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLcertificate

Charity Challenge

Developed by Mercury1. Site design by Huddle Creative

Cookies:

We use cookies to improve our service. By continuing to use this website, we'll assume that you're OK with this. Dismiss

Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedIn YouTube Blog
charitychallenge:mercury1:status:ok
Version details
Version: 2.22.1
Build: 1e01d3a7a798-RR
Time: 2018-10-01 13:42
Session expired

Your session has timed out after 30 minutes of inactivity.

Please click OK to continue.

Share this page

Link to share:

https://www.charitychallenge.com/expedition/costs/2761/

Share link via:

Done