Kilimanjaro Summit Climb - Rongai Route
- Summit the world's highest freestanding mountain
- Alternative uncrowded route to the peak- Rongai route
- Bush trekking in unspoilt wilderness
- Trek through five different eco-systems
- Optional safari and Zanzibar extension available
At 5,895m, Mt. Kilimanjaro is one of the largest volcanoes ever to break through the Earth's crust. Your challenge is to reach its summit.
The Rongai route starts just south of the Kenya-Tanzania border and has been mostly unused for many years. Now open for climbing once again, experienced guides consider this ascent route to be both more managable and more beautiful than the main Marangu trail. The Rongai route begins in attractive farmland and delightful forest, with the possibility of wildlife viewing and passing through several different climate zones, adding considerably to the interest of the trek.
Temperatures drop at night, allowing you to enjoy the crisp cool air under the star-studded African skies. During the days you'll rise higher; often looking down on a sea of clouds. Our groups have excellent success rates for trekkers reaching the summit, but don't underestimate the challenge ahead. Most trekkers will never have experienced a day as tough as this, with 1,000m of ascent and over 2,000m of descent. It is however victory day!
- For the importance of acclimatisation and why we don’t offer shorter climbs, click here
- For a video tour of camp looks like, please click here
- For a video showing what our Safari extension is like click here
- To see a webinar recorded recently by Operations Manager Josh click here
- To see an article written by our company Director Jeremy Gane click here
- To read a testimonial from a previous Kilimanjaro Challenger click here
Departures for Kilimanjaro Summit Climb - Rongai Route
|Kilimanjaro Summit Climb - Rongai Route||11||04/02/2016||14/02/2016|
|Kilimanjaro Summit Climb - Rongai Route||11||09/06/2016||19/06/2016|
|Kilimanjaro Summit Climb - Rongai Route||11||20/08/2016||30/08/2016|
|Kilimanjaro Summit Climb - Rongai Route||11||16/02/2017||26/02/2017|
|Kilimanjaro Summit Climb - Rongai Route||11||05/10/2017||15/10/2017|