Sat 09 Jun 2018

In aid of NSPCC

NSPCC

OVERVIEW

What to expect

ITINERARY

What you will do

COSTS

Ways to pay

INFORMATION

All you need to know

How to fund your challenge

This page provides you details of the costs of your challenge.

Minimum sponsorship

Registration fee of £39.00 when you book.

Raise a minimum of £400.00 for NSPCC .

Click here for a more detailed explanation of the options available.

Minimum sponsorship option

You will be required to pay the registration fee of £39.00 at the time of booking and raise a minimum amount of sponsorship, £400.00 for NSPCC . You should send your sponsorship money to NSPCC as you raise it. At least 80% of the minimum sponsorship required (£320.00) must be sent to the charity 7 weeks before departure (by 21/04/2018), and the remaining 20% (£80.00) within 4 weeks of completing the challenge (by 07/07/2018). If you have raised the necessary funds, NSPCC will then pay the balance of your expedition costs (which will not exceed 49% of the minimum sponsorship target). The charity benefits by keeping the remaining sponsorship money and every pound over and above that you raise.

What's included?

Before you go

  • Discount on personal equipment from Outdoorhire, Cotswold Outdoor and Cycle Surgery in the UK
  • Support materials (itinerary, kit list, fact file, Q&As, health notes, travel tips, responsible travel policy and guidance)
  • Risk assessment and emergency management planning

On your challenge

  • All challenge management before, during and post event
  • Celebratory drink at the finish line
  • Hot buffet at the end of your challenge
  • Packed lunch and drinks
  • Drinks and snacks available throughout the day
  • Hot breakfast before the challenge
  • Group first aid supplies
  • All equipment hire including mountain bikes, helmets, open top kayaks and life jackets. You are welcome to bring your own mountain bike and helmet if you wish
  • Qualified mountain leaders, cycling leaders & mechanics and kayak instructors

What's not included?

Before you go

  • Travel to and from the challenge start/finish point
  • Clothing and equipment listed on your Kit List

On your challenge

  • Personal spending money
  • Any other specific items listed as not included in your Trip Notes

The details

Fundraising deadlines

You will need to send your sponsorship money to the charity as you raise it. At least 80% of the minimum sponsorship required must be sent to the charity 7 weeks before departure (by 21/04/2018), and the remaining 20% within 4 weeks of completing the challenge (by 07/07/2018). If you have raised the necessary funds, the charity will then pay the balance of your challenge costs. The charity benefits by keeping the remaining sponsorship money and every pound over and above that you raise.

Prices include all known air taxes

We include ALL known air taxes (including fuel) at the time of costing. Many companies do not include air taxes at all, and clients are therefore hit with a surcharge of three or four hundreds of pounds just before departure. If the air taxes increase between the time of costing and your departure, we will absorb up to £50 (depending on the challenge) before passing on any increased costs. Our aim is to provide you with transparent pricing and clear instructions as to what is included in our prices and if applicable what isn't.

Typical group size

The typical group size is 50 - 200 participants

Travel insurance

We can provide a comprehensive travel insurance policy for this challenge which provides cover for medical (emergency, evacuation and repatriation), cancellation and curtailment and specifically covers the activities undertaken during the challenge. You can take this out when booking. The cost is £0.00.

Back to top

BELIEVE >> ACHIEVE >> INSPIRE

ATOL protected

We hold an Air Travel Organiser's Licence granted by the Civil Aviation Authority. Our ATOL number is 6546. Many of the flight-inclusive challenges on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. This ATOL protection only covers challenges that include flights booked by Charity Challenge and that originate in the UK. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our booking conditions for information or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLcertificate

Charity Challenge

Developed by Mercury1. Site design by Huddle Creative

Cookies:

We use cookies to improve our service. By continuing to use this website, we'll assume that you're OK with this. Dismiss

Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedIn YouTube Blog
charitychallenge:mercury1:status:ok
Version details
Version: 2.10.2
Build: bebff7efc9d7-RR
Time: 2017-12-08 15:48
Session expired

Your session has timed out after 30 minutes of inactivity.

Please click OK to continue.

Share this page

Link to share:

https://www.charitychallenge.com/expedition/costs/2714/NSPCC-Lake-District-Adventure-Challenge

Share link via:

Done