Fri 29 Apr - Mon 02 May 2022

In aid of Macmillan Cancer Support

Macmillan Cancer Support

OVERVIEW

What to expect

ITINERARY

What you will do

COSTS

Ways to pay

ESSENTIAL INFO

All you need to know

How to fund your challenge

This page provides you details of the costs of your challenge.

The costs below are per person.

Self funder

Pay a non-refundable registration fee of £250.00 when you book.

Then a balance of £720.00
(10 weeks before your challenge).

Raise as much as you can for Macmillan Cancer Support.

Minimum sponsorship

Pay a non-refundable registration fee of £250.00 when you book.

Raise a minimum of £1,470.00 for Macmillan Cancer Support.

Click here for a more detailed explanation of the options available.

The costs below are per person.

Self funder option

The full cost of this challenge is £970.00. You will be required to pay the non-refundable registration fee of £250.00 at the time of booking and the final balance of £720.00 which is due 10 weeks before departure (18/02/2022). You will receive fundraising advice and sponsorship forms and be asked to raise as much as you can for Macmillan Cancer Support. As you have covered the full cost of the challenge, 100% of this fundraising will be retained by Macmillan Cancer Support.

Minimum sponsorship option

You will be required to pay the non-refundable registration fee of £250.00 at the time of booking and raise a minimum amount of sponsorship, £1,470.00 for Macmillan Cancer Support. You should send your sponsorship money to Macmillan Cancer Support as you raise it. At least 80% of the minimum sponsorship required (£1,176.00) must be sent to the charity 9 weeks before departure (by 25/02/2022) , and the remaining 20% (£294.00) within 4 weeks of completing the challenge (by 30/05/2022) . If you have raised the necessary funds, Macmillan Cancer Support will then pay the balance of your expedition costs (which will not exceed 49% of the minimum sponsorship target). The charity benefits by keeping the remaining sponsorship money and every pound over and above that you raise.

What's included?

Before you go

  • Access to UK based training weekends (optional and at additional expense)
  • 15% off Cotswold Outdoor, Cycle Surgery, Snow and Rock, and Runners Need
  • Sponsorship forms
  • Support materials (itinerary, kit list, visa information, travel insurance, health notes, travel tips, responsible travel policy and guidance)
  • Warm up exercise routines
  • Fundraising advice
  • Access to your own password protected account including support materials and training schedules
  • Risk assessment and emergency management planning
  • Public liability insurance
  • Fitness training notes
  • 16 and 20 week trek/bike training schedule

On your challenge

  • Three meals a day (unless otherwise stated in the itinerary)
  • An English speaking first aid trained challenge leader and full local support team
  • Drinking water on challenge days
  • Internal transfers (unless otherwise stated in the itinerary)
  • Accommodation during the challenge (usually in twin share)
  • Full back-up support including first-aid qualified staff and first-aid supplies
  • A Charity Challenge T-Shirt
  • A donation to a community project in one of the countries in which we operate
  • UK-based 24-hour emergency support line
  • Charity Challenge buff

What's not included?

Before you go

  • Visa (if required)
  • Vaccinations (please check Trip Notes for requirements)

On your challenge

  • Bike and helmet
  • Tips

The details

Fundraising deadlines

You will need to send your sponsorship money to the charity as you raise it. At least 80% of the minimum sponsorship required must be sent to the charity 9 weeks before departure (by 25/02/2022), and the remaining 20% within 4 weeks of completing the challenge (by 30/05/2022). If you have raised the necessary funds, the charity will then pay the balance of your challenge costs. The charity benefits by keeping the remaining sponsorship money and every pound over and above that you raise.

Typical group size

The typical group size is 21 - 60 participants

Optional extras

  • Extensions at end of trip*
  • Single room supplements*
  • Travel insurance

(*subject to availability)

Back to top

BELIEVE >> ACHIEVE >> INSPIRE

ATOL protected

We hold an Air Travel Organiser's Licence granted by the Civil Aviation Authority. Our ATOL number is 6546. Many of the flight-inclusive challenges on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. This ATOL protection only covers challenges that include flights booked by Charity Challenge and that originate in the UK. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our booking conditions for information or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLcertificate

Charity Challenge

Developed by Mercury1. Site design by Huddle Creative

Cookies:

We use cookies to improve our service. By continuing to use this website, we'll assume that you're OK with this. Dismiss

Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedIn YouTube Blog
charitychallenge:mercury1:status:ok
Version details
Version: 2.34.0
Build: true-RR
Time: 2021-10-18 09:46
Session expired

Your session has timed out after 30 minutes of inactivity.

Please click OK to continue.

Share this page

Link to share:

https://www.charitychallenge.com/expedition/costs/3389/Team-Penni-London-to-Bruges

Share link via:

Done