Are you an Individual, Corporate or Charity interested in having your own private group departure?
If yes, please email and one of our team will be in touch to help with your enquiry.


No departures found for 2022

Sat 21 May - Sun 22 May 2022

In aid of Sands



What to expect


What you will do


Ways to pay


All you need to know

How to fund your challenge

This page provides you details of the costs of your challenge.

The costs below are per person.



Pay a non-refundable registration fee of £40 when you book. Then raise a minimum of £325 for Sands.


Pay a non-refundable registration fee of £40 when you book, then a balance of £159 (five weeks before your challenge). Raise as much as you can for Sands.


Minimum sponsorship option: You will be required to pay the non-refundable registration fee of £40 at the time of booking and raise a minimum amount of sponsorship, £325 for Sands. You should send your sponsorship money to Sands as you raise it. At least 80% of the minimum sponsorship required (£260) must be sent to the charity 7 weeks before departure (by 02/04/2022), and the remaining 20% (£65) within 4 weeks of completing the challenge (by 19/06/2022). If you have raised the necessary funds, Sands will then pay the balance of your expedition costs (which will not exceed 49% of the minimum sponsorship target). The charity benefits by keeping the remaining sponsorship money and every pound over and above that you raise.

Self funder option: The full cost of this challenge is £199. You will be required to pay the non-refundable registration fee of £40 at the time of booking and the final balance of £159 which is due 5 weeks before departure (16/04/2022). You will receive fundraising advice and sponsorship forms and be asked to raise as much as you can for Sands. As you have covered the full cost of the challenge, 100% of this fundraising will be retained by Sands.


Before you go

  • 15% off Cotswold Outdoor, Snow and Rock, and Runners Need
  • Support materials (itinerary, kit list, fact file, Q&As, health notes, travel tips, responsible travel policy and guidance)
  • Fitness training notes
  • Risk assessment and emergency management planning
  • Fundraising advice

On your challenge

  • Drinking water
  • Breakfast after the challenge
  • All challenge management before, during and post event
  • Full back-up support including first-aid qualified staff and first-aid supplies


Before you go

  • Clothing and equipment listed on your Kit List

On your challenge

  • Dinner on the night of arrival
  • Personal spending money
  • Any other specific items listed as not included in your Trip Notes


The typical group size is 50 - 400 participants


Should you wish to change your payment option once you have booked on, there is a £30 admin fee to process the change. Please therefore consider your payment option carefully before booking.

Back to top


ATOL protected

We hold an Air Travel Organiser's Licence granted by the Civil Aviation Authority. Our ATOL number is 6546. Many of the flight-inclusive challenges on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. This ATOL protection only covers challenges that include flights booked by Charity Challenge and that originate in the UK. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our booking conditions for information or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to:

Charity Challenge

Developed by Mercury1. Site design by Huddle Creative


We use cookies to improve our service. By continuing to use this website, we'll assume that you're OK with this. Dismiss

Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedIn YouTube Blog
Version details
Version: 2.48.2
Build: 370176881af2d84a1ab8969b3a54be7716357a59-RR
Time: 2022-12-06 10:14
Session expired

Your session has timed out after 30 minutes of inactivity.

Please click OK to continue.

Share this page

Link to share:

Share link via: