Sun 06 May - Sat 12 May 2018

OVERVIEW

What to expect

ITINERARY

What you will do

COSTS

Ways to pay

INFORMATION

All you need to know

How to fund your challenge

This page provides you details of the costs of your challenge.

Self funder

Pay a registration fee of £195.00 when you book.

Then a balance of £1,027.00
(8 weeks before your challenge).

Raise as much as you can for your nominated charity.

Minimum sponsorship

Registration fee of £195.00 when you book.

Raise a minimum of £2,095.00 for your nominated charity.

Flexi

Registration fee of £195.00 when you book.

Then £195.00 towards challenge costs
(8 weeks before your challenge).

Raise a minimum of £1,695.00 for your nominated charity.

Click here for a more detailed explanation of the options available.

Self funder option

The full cost of this challenge is £1,222.00. You will be required to pay the registration fee of £195.00 at the time of booking and the final balance of £1,027.00 which is due 8 weeks before departure (11/03/2018). You will receive fundraising advice and sponsorship forms and be asked to raise as much as you can for your nominated charity. As you have covered the full cost of the challenge, 100% of this fundraising will be retained by your nominated charity.

Minimum sponsorship option

You will be required to pay the registration fee of £195.00 at the time of booking and raise a minimum amount of sponsorship, £2,095.00 for your nominated charity. You should send your sponsorship money to your nominated charity as you raise it. At least 80% of the minimum sponsorship required (£1,676.00) must be sent to the charity 10 weeks before departure (by 25/02/2018), and the remaining 20% (£419.00) within 4 weeks of completing the challenge (by 09/06/2018). If you have raised the necessary funds, your nominated charity will then pay the balance of your expedition costs (which will not exceed 49% of the minimum sponsorship target). The charity benefits by keeping the remaining sponsorship money and every pound over and above that you raise.

Flexi option

You will be required to pay the registration fee of £195.00 at the time of booking, and 8 weeks before departure (11/03/2018) you will be required to pay a second contribution of £195.00 towards your challenge costs. You will also need to raise a minimum amount of sponsorship, £1,695.00 for your nominated charity. You should send your sponsorship money to the charity as you raise it. At least 80% of the minimum sponsorship required (£1,356.00) must be sent to the charity 10 weeks before departure (by 25/02/2018), and the remaining 20% (£339.00) within 4 weeks of completing the challenge (by 09/06/2018). If you have raised the necessary funds, your nominated charity will then pay the balance of your expedition costs (which will not exceed 49% of the minimum sponsorship target). The charity benefits by keeping the remaining sponsorship money and every pound over and above that you raise.

What's included?

Before you go

  • Discount on personal equipment from Outdoorhire, Cotswold Outdoor and Cycle Surgery in the UK
  • Risk assessment and emergency management planning
  • Discount on personal equipment from The Outdoor Shop, Outdoorhire, Cotswold Outdoor and Nomad Travel Stores
  • Support materials (itinerary, kit list, fact file, Q&As, health notes, travel tips, responsible travel policy and guidance)
  • Fundraising advice
  • A-Z of fundraising ideas
  • 16 and 20 week trek/bike training schedule
  • Support materials (itinerary, kit list, fact file, Q&As, health notes, travel tips, responsible travel policy and guidance)
  • Access to your own password protected account including support materials and training schedules

On your challenge

  • All internal transfers
  • A donation to a community project in one of the countries in which we operate
  • Three meals a day (unless otherwise stated in the itinerary)
  • Drinking water on challenge days
  • Accommodation during the challenge (usually in twin share)
  • An English speaking first aid trained challenge leader and full local support team
  • International flights to and from the UK (excluding air taxes)
  • Group first aid supplies
  • An English speaking first aid trained challenge leader and full local support team (assistant, drivers, mechanic, medic
  • A contribution towards funding the reduction of carbon emissions through Climate Care’s portfolio of award winning projects
  • All challenge management before, during and post event
  • A Charity Challenge T-Shirt

What's not included?

Before you go

  • Access to training weekends (optional and at additional expense)
  • Travel to and from the UK airport of departure
  • Vaccinations (please check Trip Notes for requirements)
  • Travel Insurance (you can buy at time of booking or in your Account Area, or provide your own policy details)
  • Clothing and equipment listed on your Kit List

On your challenge

  • Bike transfers from the UK to France and back from Spain
  • Tips
  • Departure Tax (if applicable)
  • Personal spending money
  • Any other specific items listed as not included in your Trip Notes

The details

Fundraising deadlines

You will need to send your sponsorship money to the charity as you raise it. At least 80% of the minimum sponsorship required must be sent to the charity 10 weeks before departure (by 25/02/2018), and the remaining 20% within 4 weeks of completing the challenge (by 09/06/2018). If you have raised the necessary funds, the charity will then pay the balance of your challenge costs. The charity benefits by keeping the remaining sponsorship money and every pound over and above that you raise.

Prices include all known air taxes

We include ALL known air taxes (including fuel) at the time of costing. Many companies do not include air taxes at all, and clients are therefore hit with a surcharge of three or four hundreds of pounds just before departure. If the air taxes increase between the time of costing and your departure, we will absorb up to £50 (depending on the challenge) before passing on any increased costs. Our aim is to provide you with transparent pricing and clear instructions as to what is included in our prices and if applicable what isn't.

Typical group size

The typical group size is 15 - 30 participants

Small group supplement

The costs and sponsorship levels on our website are based on a minimum of 15 participants. We can run this trip with 15-19 people, but there will be a small group supplement of £75.00. This is payable by your charity if you book under the Minimum Sponsorship or Flexi options, and by yourself if you choose the Self Funder option. We will notify you 12 weeks before departure if this is necessary.

Optional extras

  • Trek/bike training weekends*
  • Extensions at end of trip*
  • Business class upgrades*
  • Single room supplements*
  • Travel insurance

(*subject to availability)

Travel insurance

We can provide a comprehensive travel insurance policy for this challenge which provides cover for medical (emergency, evacuation and repatriation), cancellation and curtailment and specifically covers the activities undertaken during the challenge. You can take this out when booking. The cost is £45.00.

Back to top

BELIEVE >> ACHIEVE >> INSPIRE

ATOL protected

We hold an Air Travel Organiser's Licence granted by the Civil Aviation Authority. Our ATOL number is 6546. Many of the flight-inclusive challenges on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. This ATOL protection only covers challenges that include flights booked by Charity Challenge and that originate in the UK. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our booking conditions for information or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLcertificate

Charity Challenge

Developed by Mercury1. Site design by Huddle Creative

Cookies:

We use cookies to improve our service. By continuing to use this website, we'll assume that you're OK with this. Dismiss

Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedIn YouTube Blog
charitychallenge:mercury1:status:ok
Version details
Version: 2.10.2
Build: bebff7efc9d7-RR
Time: 2017-12-08 15:48
Session expired

Your session has timed out after 30 minutes of inactivity.

Please click OK to continue.

Share this page

Link to share:

https://www.charitychallenge.com/expedition/costs/2673/San-Sebastian-to-Barcelona

Share link via:

Done