Charity Challenge often needs to recruit enthusiastic, experienced leaders to lead and manage overseas expeditions; mountain climbs, treks, bike rides and house-building community based challenges. Expeditions are run all over the world in aid of UK & Irish registered charities. The challenges are of varying degrees of difficulty that enable people from all walks of life and abilities to make a difference to someone’s life by pushing their personal boundaries.
In your role as a challenge leader you will have a set itinerary to manage and will be working with a local ground handler and support team to run this in a safe and efficient manner. You will be the main point of contact for the clients and will need to liaise with the ground handler over any client problems, changes to the itinerary and generally efficiency of the expedition.
You will be given a handbook detailing all that the role entails on completion of a successful interview.
what we are looking for
- We are of course looking for someone with the relevant group expedition leading experience (preferably overseas) with a larger adventure tour operator and/or within the charity sector.
- Personal travel experience to the developing world is a requirement and high altitude trekking experience is desirable.
- You will also possess relevant wilderness and remote rescue and emergency care qualifications (or be prepared to acquire them) – the minimum requirement is REC Level 2 but higher levels of rescue and emergency care training is advantageous. You may possibly also possess mountain leader qualifications
- In addition, we are looking for someone who is highly organised and with a good level of attention to detail to manage these busy expeditions and ensure they run smoothly.
- Specifically, you should be able to manage your time efficiently with a high level of care and attention all at the same time.
- You should also have and the ability to take the initiative and be a confident and competent communicator with clients and overseas ground handlers.
- You should have a good knowledge of overseas health and safety issues and be a diplomatic and effective problem solver who can keep calm in a crisis
For further information or to apply for this job please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and enclose your CV.