Charity Challenge are looking for a Marketing Intern
Our company – Challenges (Un)Limited, trading as Charity Challenge – has been in business for fifteen years and is currently 14 people strong. We work exclusively for the charity sector, raising millions of pounds for worthwhile causes. We operate treks, bike rides, mountain climbs, and other adventure travel itineraries, whereby our clients raise money for their chosen charity through their participation. We operate about 100+ challenges a year and have raised over £40m for 1670+ UK, Irish and Canadian registered charities to date. We have also just launched a new operation out of Toronto, Canada for the Canadian charity sector.
We are best known for organising the very successful BT Red Nose Day Climb for Gary Barlow, Cheryl Cole, Kimberley Walsh, Ronan Keating, Chris Moyles, Denise Van Outen, Alesha Dixon, Ben Shephard and Fearne Cotton which raised over £3.35million for Comic Relief, and the Zambezi Hell and High Water Challenge in 2013 with Mel C, Jack Dee and Dara O’Briain.
The company has gone from strength to strength developing an excellent reputation both within the corporate and charity sectors, donating hundreds of thousands of pounds to local community projects in the countries in which we operate, and building houses, schools and health centres in developing countries as part of our award winning community challenge programme.
In January 2013 and 2014, we won the Best Challenge Events Partner in the Institute of Fundraising ‘Partners in Fundraising Awards’!
For more information on the company, please visit www.charitychallenge.com
We have worked hard to develop our strong brand and reputation and we are now looking to strengthen our marketing collateral.
We are working on a number of marketing related concepts and projects and are looking for an intern to support this role for three months and gain a wide exposure to all elements of our marketing activity, including the website, advertising, blogs, research, social media, online search engine optimisation, and so on.
You can be a key driver in our efforts to achieve this, and gain valuable insight into the busy workings of a growing marketing team!
As a minimum you will need to demonstrate that you possess the following:
- You should have some marketing experience (or marketing education background) and will be experienced with social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Blogs).
- An articulate, diplomatic and persuasive communicator (both written and verbal).
- A sound understanding of the charity challenge, travel, event management industry is preferable.
- Innovative and creative problem solving ability
- You must be organised, able to work efficiently and effectively, managing and prioritising many tasks.
- High level of competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Strong presentation skills.
What you can expect from us:
- We are a small business with a friendly office, full of people with passion for what they are doing. It is a lively and busy environment. We can promise that you will be challenged in your role!
- This is a chance to do something special, and work not only in the travel sector but also do something to help worthwhile causes.
- The potential to travel and experience a UK challenge.
- Mon-Fri, 0900-1730hrs.
- Three months internship with travel and daily expenses covered.
You can be part of our unique organisation helping to change people’s lives and raise millions for charity!
Send your CV and covering letter detailing your experience and why you think you would be appropriate for this role, to email@example.com.
Closing date is 31 Jul 2014