- Take on the three highest mountains in the UK – Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike, and Snowdon
- Be one of the first hikers of the day to take on Ben Nevis
- Hike under the starry skies of the Lake District National Park and summit Scafell Pike at night
- Reach the summit of the highest mountain in Wales for sunrise
- Aim to summit all three peaks within 24hrs!
Brace yourself for a fast-paced and physically challenging adventure, as you take on the three highest peaks in England, Scotland and Wales in 24hrs. Considered one of Britain’s toughest outdoor challenges, the National Three Peaks Challenge takes in the dizzy heights of Ben Nevis (1,344m), Scafell Pike (978m) and Snowdon (1,085m).
Over the course of two days, you will trek around 42km and ascend to a total height of almost 3,000m. The equivalent of a full marathon distance, but with 3 hills! This is a serious and tough challenge which requires a good level of fitness, as well as plenty of grit and determination. Ultimately, however, your hard work will be rewarded with spectacular views and a huge sense of achievement.
Why Choose Charity Challenge?
Over the years Charity Challenge has built up a wealth of experience that has enabled us to create the very best National Three Peaks itinerary that is geared towards providing everyone with the very best experience and opportunity to complete the challenge successfully.
We only use full specification minibuses with luggage carried in a trailer to maximise the space available to you on the vehicles. We use professional drivers, and adhere to driver hour regulations in order to keep you safe. We include proper meal stops to make sure you are fully fuelled and to maximise your chance of success. We employ one leader to look after you for the full event, and then additional ‘fresh’ leader on each mountain to help keep the group moving at an appropriate speed. We have also built in plenty of contingency time to our itinerary as delays can happen and we want to make sure everyone gets the opportunity to complete the challenge regardless as to what the traffic on the M6 is like!
Whats included in the challenge :
- Travel to and from the challenge start/finish point (from Chester train station)
- One night’s accommodation in a hotel (twin-share)
- Three meals a day (unless otherwise stated in the itinerary)
- Drinking water on challenge days
- Charity Challenge medal
- Fully qualified, highly experienced, knowledgeable and fun Mountain Leaders
- Challenge Safe Kit – a disposable face mask, 100ml alcohol-based hand sanitiser (72%) and a Charity Challenge buff
- 15% off Cotswold Outdoor, Snow and Rock, and Runners Need
- 10% kit hire discount with Outdoorhire
- Support materials (itinerary, kit list, challenge information, health notes, Covid Safe health & safety guidelines, travel tips, responsible travel policy, and guidance)
- Fundraising advice & fitness training notes
- Repeat booker discount for your next Charity Challenge
How to fund your challenge :
- Self-funder – Pay a registration fee of £75 when you book. Then a balance of £390 (5 weeks before your challenge). Raise as much as you can for your nominated charity.
- Minimum sponsorship – Registration fee of £75 when you book. Raise a minimum of £795 for your nominated charity. You can raise funds for any UK or Irish registered charity.
For more information please click here
We currently have 14 departure dates in 2021 for the National Three Peaks Challenge. This is by far our most popular challenge and one we think everyone should tick off their challenge bucket list!
We are working hard behind the scenes to launch our 2022 UK challenge dates. Sign up to our newsletter and be the first to hear when they go live!